Friday, January 14, 2011

The Future/2011 Intro

Heya, pals! How'd you like my 2010 year-end list? No comments, huh? Well, I'm over it.

2010 is over and done with, thank God. Time to move on to 2011.

Things will be different, technically and emotionally, here at Emotional Drumming 2K11. I'll probably be posting even less due to having two jobs instead of zero now. I'm giving up the Twitter reviews, since I haven't had the time to emerse myself in new music quite so much since this past September. Plus, I think I'm finally of the opinion that I'd rather focus on the tons of old(er) music I've discovered and am interested in than this trivial new shit. Not that I won't listen to new music, because you know I will, just not so intensely.

I sort of want to make this blog a little more interactive too? That's touchy because there aren't too many people I like to argue about things with over the internet, and I definitely don't like doing that with strangers. Alas, I hope there is more of all of that this year.

Regardless, I think I'm going to try and make the blog even less official and perhaps even less organized than it is. A good friend of mine, name of Brian LaBenne, started a new blog where he just talks about various pieces of media/art/pop culture/whatever that he consumes, and I really like that idea (you can go to that very blog by clicking on his name a little ways back). I think at times I want to put that sort of twist on this blog, so I'll try to talk more about baseball and books and movies and video games. You know, other things that I like aside from music and football. And, also, all of this, assuming that I some how have the time for it all.

Lastly, no promises, but I still intend to finalize and post some sort of list of my favorite records from the past decade. I know at this point it's really late, but I don't care.

To the future! And another, more interesting post instantly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that. Why bother trying to enjoy Sleigh Bells when there's all these Guided By Voices albums to listen to?