Thursday, January 12, 2012

Favorite Books Read in 2011

I'm going to brag in a really geeky way for a second. In the year 2011, I read 61 books, and that doesn't include any of the 38 graphic novels/comic collections that I also devoured. So, for the first time ever, I've decided to compile a list of my favorite books that I read in a year. I reread a few graphic novels (Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, Bone), and so those were not eligible for inclusion.

Unfortunately (or, perhaps for those of you who follow this blog, fortunately), I don't feel like writing about any of these again,. But, without further ado, the 15 best books I read in 2011. It was a really good reading year for me.

Little Children
(15) Little Children - Tom Perrotta (2004)

No Country for Old Men
(14) No Country for Old Men - Cormac McCarthy (2005)

The Road to Wellville
(13) The Road to Wellville - T.C. Boyle (1993)

The Stranger
(12) The Stranger - Albert Camus (1942)

Torso
(11) Torso - Brian Michael Bendis & Marc Andreyko (1998-99)

Kafka on the Shore
(10) Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami (2002)

East of Eden
(9) East of Eden - John Steinbeck (1952)

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
(8) The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Michael Chabon (2000)

Boys Will be Boys
(7) Boys Will be Boys - Jeff Pearlman (2008)

The Rules of Attraction
(6) The Rules of Attraction - Bret Easton Ellis (1987)

Lamb
(5) Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Christopher Moore (2002)

The Broom of the System
(4) The Broom of the System - David Foster Wallace (1987)

A Confederacy of Dunces
(3) A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole (1980)

TIE
The Corrections Freedom
(1) The Corrections//Freedom - Jonathan Franzen (2001//2010)

No comments: