Monday, February 9, 2009

Radiohead @ the 2009 Grammys

So, Radiohead played at the Grammys last night. I am surprised they would lower their standards to perform at such an offensive event in music. But, they are Radiohead, and they can do whatever the hell they want, and no one will really question them for it. I am okay with this.

If you're like me and hate everything the Grammys represent, you obviously missed a mindblowing performance of In Rainbows opener "15 Step." With the USC marching band. I can only imagine, especially if any of the marching band members were actually fans, how it must have felt to be performing on stage at the biggest (unfortunately) music awards show of the year, with the greatest band in the entire world, to a song with such a bad ass beat.

In case you missed it, here is the performance. It is really good, I'm sorry the video quality is so terrible.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I was annoyed that the announcers/hosts didn't even mention Radiohead was performing until halfway through the show - they were much more eager to promote the Miley Cyrus / Taylor Swift duet. That was a lot to sit through for 3 minutes of thom yorke (and 8 bars of pregnant M.I.A.)

Quillen said...

I'm glad I didn't watch the ceremonies, that's for sure. I'll take a crummy YouTube video of Radiohead anyday over having to wade through a lot of shit to get to them. Wait, does that make me less of a fan?

Matt, by the way, great cover of "My Girls." It is beautiful!

erik. said...

i would've shit my pants playing the quads, in front of america.