Tuesday, February 17, 2009

P.D.A.D. #1: Greg Saunier

Greg Saunier

Tonight, I begin a new series of themed blog posts, titled P.D.A.D. (Public Display of Affectionate Drumming). I guess, I could have made it P.D.E.D. (for Emotional Drumming, duh), but this is an attempt at being clever.

Pretty much, I will dedicate these posts to sharing videos of some of my favorite drummers wailing on their drums affectionately, emotionally, or awesomely.

Here is a Juan's Basement performance by Deerhoof, who's drummer, Greg Saunier, is a master at the sloppy and improvisational Keith Moon style of drumming. It is the title track from 2004's Milk Man, which I don't own, but should.



Awesome, right?

2 comments:

Trav said...

Is that a hi-hat of rides? What a pervert!

greg biché said...

don't knock it until you've tried it my friend!