Friday, May 20, 2011

Party in the USA/Away

Here are seriously two more of my top jams right this second.


"Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus from The Time of Our Lives EP (2009)
I assume I'm way late to this game, but for a while now, in my mind, there has been a three-way battle for best recent Top 40 pop radio song between Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA," Katy Perry's "California Girls" and Kesha's "We R Who We R." After hearing it twice at the wedding reception for my friends Zach and Erin, and then listening to it repeatedly over the past few days, I have decided this rare honor goes to "Party in the USA." The melody is good throughout, but fantastic during the chorus, where it is also joined by some badass synth bass. For better or worse, I am not ashamed. The song is awesome.


"Away" by The Feelies from Only Life (1988)
Here's just another really great song by The Feelies that for some reason I just noticed when I was listening to Only Life the other night.

1 comment:

Joel said...

PITUSA rules, but I have to say that my favorite pop song right now is Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson. Awesome drums. Check it you, you won't be disappointed.