Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday 2011

Heya! In case you didn't know it, today is Super Bowl Sunday. Usually on the first big day of any year, I would be spending the entirety of it in front of the television preparing for and then watching the game. But, this year, I was scheduled to work during it, and was unable to get my shift covered. This has devastated me. So, I'll be trying my damnedest to follow it as closely as possible on the internet whilst running back and forth between my station and the nurse's lounge to catch tidbits.

Anyway, on to predictions.

I see in my cloudly and most likely malfunctioning crystal ball that the Pittsburgh Steelers will come out on top of the Green Bay Packers in an extremely close, brutal game 21-20.

Ben Roethlisberger will throw for 200-ish yards, two TDs (to Hines Ward and Mike Wallace) and 1 interception (to Charles Woodson). He will avoid approximately 100 sacks, and also after the game, in spite of partying really hard, will be a good boy and not rape any young women.

Rashard Mendenhall will have a pretty mediocre game, rushing for 60 or 70 yards, but running one into the endzone early on.

Aaron Rodgers will throw for 250 yards and two TDs (one to Donald Driver, one to Jordy Nelson). There will be absolutely no ground game for Green Bay.

If there are to be any stellar performances, they will be by Rodgers or Troy Polamalu or maybe even James Harrison. MVP might go to Roethlisberger, or depending on the potential of this being Ward's last game, him.

Now, since on this day last year I correctly predicted this year's Super Bowl (yes, yes, in spite of changing my mind twice since then), I'm going to give that another shot. In next year's Super Bowl, as difficult as it will be for them, the Green Bay Packers will make a triumphant return to defeat the New England Patriots.

No comments: