Thursday, December 24, 2009

2009 Year-End Lists: An Introduction

The time has come, and though I'm not completely ready, I'm going to go ahead and get started.

Any posts through the rest of the year (and unfortunately possibly into the first part of January, if I don't get my ass in gear) will be pertaining to the best (and one post to the worst) of 2009.

I listened to 195 releases this year: mostly full-lengths, a decent number of EPs and a handful of 7"s. I blame it on not having a job for exactly half of the year. The result of this is more lists and inclusions on lists than I thought I would ever do. There is also one segment from last year that I am omitting. Gone is the best songs by local artists list that I had so much fun doing last year, mainly because there weren't as many impressive releases from Michigan artists. New to this year are my least favorite albums and favorite EPs lists.

I'm not sure how rapidly I'll be posting these, but here's the loose schedule:

Part 1: 15 Least Favorite Albums of 2009
Part 2: 10 Favorite EPs of 2009
Part 3: Honorable Mention Songs of 2009
Part 4: Favorite Songs of 2009 #100-61
Part 5: Favorite Songs of 2009 #60-41
Part 6: Favorite Songs of 2009 #40-21
Part 7: Favorite Songs of 2009 #20-1
Part 8: Honorable Mention Albums of 2009
Part 9: Favorite Albums of 2009 #40-21
Part 10: Favorite Albums of 2009 #20-1

I'm surprised that I was able to come up with a list of 100 songs that I absolutely loved, but like I said, I had a lot of time to digest music this year.

Also, with the top 60 songs and top 40 albums lists, I hopefully will be providing 20 song mixes to download with each of the posts.

Lastly, I apologize ahead of time for this being so overwhelming. I hope that these will somehow be half as enjoyable to read as they were to write.

2 comments:

Trav said...

A list of lists!

Quillen said...

HA, you know how I do!