Friday, March 6, 2009

Saturday Morning Watchmen

Watchmen

Today is opening day for what I believe will be the greatest comic book film of all time, Watchmen. Yes, yes, The Dark Knight was great, but it was far from perfect. Very flawed in fact (not that I know much about film, honestly).

Watchmen the book is not only amazing for a graphic novel, but it seems like it being one of the greatest pieces of modern literature in history is a common opinion. I read it last spring, and even though I know I need to read it at least one more time to understand all of its intricacies, it was still incredible. The fact that it is so complex is one of the many things that make it so good.

If you've seen the trailors, which I'm sure you have, you know it looks visually stimulating, to say the least. In fact, everything looks perfect; right on with the book.

Having read it before seeing it, I know I'm going to have my complaints, sure. But, I predict it will be leaps and bounds better than The Dark Knight, if only because of the story. There isn't any stand-out character to the degree of Heath Ledger's Joker. The closest thing would probably be seemingly ultimate creep Jackie Earle Haley as ultimate controversial bad ass Rorschach. All of this to say, it looks phenominal, and I am STOKED.

Now, the real point of this post is to share the video below. I got the link from Buzzgrinder who got it from You Ain't No Picasso who got it from /Film. It is the opening theme of an early 90s Saturday morning cartoon version of the book. It is a parody. It is absolutely hilarious. I LOVE THIS.

Please watch. Hopefully it doesn't give too much away.

No comments: