Thursday, January 9, 2014

2013 Songs

For the third year in a row, I've decided to make two mixes showcasing my favorite songs from albums that either just missed the cut for my favorite albums list or that were from records that I didn't care about aside from this one song. I just wanted to at least highlight these particular diamonds in the rough. These are not listed in order of quality, but in track list order. Here you are:

Part One
1. "Spooky Action at a Distance" - Iron Chic, from Spooky Action EP
2. "Check My Heart" - The Pastels, from Slow Summits
3. "Kids Get Away" - Jamaican Queens, from Wormfood
4. "Man" - Neko Case, from The Worse Things Get, the Harder I Fight, the Harder I Fight, the More I Love You
5. "Do You Remember?" - Radiator Hospital, from Something Wild
6. "Swim and Sleep (Like a Shark)" - Unknown Mortal Orchestra, from II
7. "Here Comes the Night Time" - Arcade Fire, from Reflektor
8. "My Own World" - Eleanor Friedberger, from Personal Record
9. "Rage Flows" - Born Ruffians, from Birthmarks
10. "A Detailed and Poetic Physical Threat to the Person Who Intentionally Vandalized My 1994 Dodge Intrepid Behind Kate's Apartment" - Pet Symmetry, from Two Songs About Cars. Two Songs With Long Titles 7"
11. "Pond Rot" - California X, from California X
12. "Shout It Out" - Mikal Cronin, from MCII
13. "Collector" - I Kill Giants, from I Kill Giants
14. "Once" - Sebadoh, from Defend Yourself
15. "Rebirth" - Yuck, from Glow & Behold

Part Two
1. "Lucky Young" - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, from Fly by Wire
2. "Sleepwalking" - Deerhunter, from Monomania
3. "Cat Fantastic" - This Town Needs Guns, from 13.0.0.0.0
4. "Coffee With Pele" - Bars of Gold, from Wheels
5. "Shithead" - Potty Mouth, from Hell Bent
6. "Tight Sleeves" - Destroy This Place, from Destroy This Place
7. "Lux" - Braid, from Braid/Balance and Composure Split 7"
8. "Contractual Obligation" - Into It. Over It., from Intersections
9. "A Tout a L'heure" - Bibio, from Silver Wilkinson
10. "Grind" - Les Sins, from Grind EP
11. "Everything's Fine" - Minks, from Tides End
12. "Graceless" - The National, from Trouble Will Find Me
13. "Worlds Gone Weird" - Crystal Stilts, from Nature Noir
14. "Sorrow" - Frankie Rose, from Herein Wild
15. "Bad Blood" - Owen, from L'Ami Du Peuple

No comments: