Thursday, May 22, 2008

Javelins May Tour

Javelins
photo by Jon Shaft

My good buds in the band Javelins are heading out for a quick jaunt through the midwest and a bit east starting Friday. It seems a bit early in my bloglife for me to post news or tour dates, but I told myself if I actually was going to do this, it would be all or nothing. If you haven't heard Javelins yet, check that shit out on their MySpace. Be sure to listen to "Out On the Sand," the lead-off single from their upcoming full length Heavy Meadows, which if my memory serves me correctly, should see release through Suburban Sprawl Music on July 1st. Maybe? Either way, the record is awesome. Possibly my favorite of the year thus far?

Anyway, here are the dates. If you happen to be some random person reading this and are in one of the towns they are hitting up, do yourself a favor and go.

5/23 - New York, NY @ Pianos w/ Rahim, Call Me Lightning
5/24 - Washington DC @ DC9
5/25 - Johnstown, PA @ 709 Railroad St.
5/27 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Howler's Coyote Cafe
5/28 - Bloomington, IN @ 616 N. Washington w/ Push-Pull
5/29 - Milwaukee, WI @ Stonefly Brewery w/ The Silent Years
5/31 - Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen w/ The Silent Years, Bob Nanna, Nouns
6/1 - Grand Rapids, MI @ The DAAC w/ The Silent Years

As you can see, three of the dates are with Detroit's
The Silent Years, who are one of the more original pop acts around these days. Ryan Clancy on the drums, hoo boy.

Good luck to you boys. Be safe.


2 comments:

ENOCH said...

Javs Rock Period and so do you Aaron!!!!!

Unknown said...

They sound great so far. Hopefully I can catch their show in milwaukee.